Sunday 17 March 2019

Another Scandolous scam! + Boiler fixed!! [Busy Busy week despite Friday off! Woohoo!]

Wooohoooo, and another busy week it has been! Bustling our way for what there is to come.

Despite Friday given as a day off (woohoo!- I was so flipping glad!), I still find myself pretty stressed- literally had a mental breakdown today ahaha. I think it was due to the fact I kind of abused the fact that I actually had a day off from uni on Friday. I literally slept quite a lot here and there that day (I honestly dunno why), even though I tell myself I would get up early (as usual) and wanted to revise as much as possible on the day with a good break (watching anime?) in between but ended up doing the opposite instead πŸ˜…πŸ˜– (Grrr).
Anyways, things happen happened sadly, and from now on try to really prioritise on what to do and then, cram in as much as possible in this space of time.

Ok, so lots of thing have happened beside studying of course... First My cousin and her friend came to pay us a visit ^^. However sadly, another scam has happen.
And so another tale beings....

My cousin and her friend was walking out on the street coming close to our home on our street pathway at around 10pm, when suddenly they were accosted by a man claiming to be a lost Italian tourist needing some directions. He asked them where they are from and whether or not, if they live around here. After learning that they are not from the UK and that they are here visit our house, he left them alone when this time two guys all of a sudden walk up to them claiming to be some sort of British police officers. They swiftly flash the torchlight and at the same time show their I.D card with their face on it, indicating to my cousin and her friend that they are legit. They then demanded to see their belongings, insinuating that they could be involved in drug trafficking with the lost Italian tourist due to our area potentially having drug dealers. Of course, they didn't have a choice- how was they suppose to know what a real warrant card look like? 

They search the Italian tourist first, then proceed to search my cousin and her friend- they had their luggage on them. The so-called 'police officers' then claim in addition to the potential drug dealing in our area, that there has also been some cases of money laundering. Therefore with this statement, they too reached out to take my cousin's friend money envelope out of her fanny pack and started to count the money, as well as counting their belongings in the luggage at the same time. This all happen really quickly with the 'police officers' loudly claiming back afterwards that there is nothing wrong and so releasing them. The 'police officers' then show them with their hands in action that they have put the belongings back into the luggage including the money. 

It was not until when they arrived at our house that they told us of this case, and that we exclaim to them that there shouldn't be such thing in terms wanting to search the money. So that is when they quickly went back to search their belonging, did they realised had been scammed but most of all robbed. After all this have happened, we strongly urge my cousin and took her to visit the nearest police station.

I am so mad that this has happen! Honestly, what has happen to us this year πŸ˜… that we deserve to receive this πŸ˜«πŸ˜‚ (Biggest effector was my mum and my cousin- really what a start of a year to them!)

Also did I tell you this- our boiler is finally fixed πŸ™Œ after a month or two of just the boiler going bipolar on us- With hot water the next, then cold water afterwards! This happen back in the middle of January? A complete shambles this has been, We had to use whatever resources had such as getting a huge saucepan to boil the water along with the kettle, we then use that to mixed the waters and help us shower.
Apparently our boiler was like over 40 years old, which brings us to have no choice but to ultimately having to spend like £1000 to get it fixed once and for all. Anyhow, I'm not complaining for I am glad it is now fixed ^^

No comments: